|Community Partner Coordinator Responsibilities|
The community partner should identify one person within their organization to assume the role of partnership coordinator. This person will serve as the primary contact to the school and the school system’s central office. The coordinator’s responsibilities should include:
• Get the commitment to Partners in Education from senior management.
• Identify a few key individuals within the organization to join the Partners in Education team at the school.
• Build awareness of the partnership throughout the organization. Promote Partners in Education success stories to members of the organization.
• Keep a file of events, activities, notes and budget figures that tell the story of the partnership to future coordinators.
• Evaluate the resources that are available from the organization. Monitor the availability on an on-going basis for surplus items that the school can use.
• Communicate with the school’s Partners in Education coordinator on a regular basis.
• Attend system wide Partners in Education functions to network with other community partners.
• In the case of multiple locations and multiple schools, serve as the central contact for Partners in Education in the organization.
• Identify areas within the organization where schools can lend support.
|Last Updated: 1/8/09|