School Coordinator Responsibilties
Each school should identify one person as the partnership coordinator. This person will serve as the primary contact to the community partner and Knox County Schools central office. The coordinator’s responsibilities should include:
• Serve as liaison between school and community partners.
• Assist in the identification of needs within the school.
• Maintain regular contact with community partners.
• Invite community partners to school events.
• Place community partners on the school’s mailing list.
• Coordinate partner activities at the school, including the logistical aspects of meetings and visits.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the partnership, and make suggestions for changes in the program.
• Provide recognition for the involvement of partners.
• Build awareness of the partnership within the school building and with families through school newsletter and signage within the building.
• Maintain a file of activities to provide future school coordinators with the history of the partnership.
• Attend system wide Partners in Education functions.
• Serve as school contact for Partners in Education event information for publications or broadcast media.
|Last Updated: 1/8/09|